In the New Year 2015, there has never been a better time to get a really special gift for someone you love – something small, but expensive, which combines great art with advanced technology. Well, we are not talking about the iPhones anymore – the iPhones are old news. The latest gadget almost everybody wants is the Smart Watch.
A Smart Watch makes use of the Bluetooth technology to communicate with your smartphone and so should be seen as complimentary to your smartphone – whether an iPhone or an Android. You no longer have to remove your smartphone from your pocket or purse to find out who has called or sent a message. You can just have a look at your wrist, just like any normal watch and find out everything you need to know.
But there are several Smart Watches in the market. How do you know which one to buy? Here’s a quick checklist.
- Is it compatible with your kind of phone? This is an important consideration, as some watches may not work perfectly with your iPhone and some may not suit an Android phone. So try them out before buying them, and check if they work with your phone.
- Does it have a durable battery that lasts longer, and doesn’t require too frequent charging? Some Smart Watches suck a lot from their batteries and may require charging every 24-hours. You wouldn’t want this. So, one needs to consider the longevity of battery while taking the decision of buying this Watch.
- Does it have the features you’re interested in – such as alerting you about an update on Facebook or Twitter, is it water proof, does it have voice activation and is it shock proof? The Smart Watch you buy must be strong, rugged, and not get damaged by sudden changes in the weather.
- How is the design like? Is it modern and fashionable enough? Does it stand out in the crowd? It is, after all, a fashion accessory. So you would want the design to be really special and eye-catchy.
- Is it simple enough to use? Does it fit your wrist easily? Are the details easily visible to you? There is no chance to think twice about its quality. You should be able to use the apps on this very comfortably and it should be a pleasure to use.
So what are the best Smart Watches for 2015? Samsung Galaxy Gear is probably the best sold in the market, and preferred by women because of its terrific look, which makes it an excellent fashion accessory. Plus, it’s perfectly compatible with your Samsung Android phone.
MetWatch Strata is another great Smart Watch which is quite rugged, scratch resistant and water proof – and one of the less expensive in the market. Sony LiveView is very small, and very cheap – amazingly cheap, but can alert you whenever you get a Facebook update and notifies you about Gmail updates. What makes this watch special is its ridiculously low price.
The other great Smart Watches in the market are MetaWatch Frame, I’m Watch, Martian G2G, Martian Passport,, Pebble, Cookoo, and Martian Victory. Each of these watches has its own specific advantages. But on the flip side, they are yet an untested technology, so you would do well to try them out and find out if they are fully functional before buying them.
Another Smart Watch you should look forward to buying in 2015 is the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch is compatible with the iPhone ONLY, but has some wonderful new features. Apple released an early version of this new Smart Watch at the Apple Live Event held in September, 2014, and the overwhelming publicity given to this watch by the media has only made people more curious about it. Will the Apple Watch do to Smart Watches what the iPhone did for smartphones? Watch this space.